Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Silver Fox Project: Post One


I am doing a project on silver foxes and its not about studying, 

This project is about design. I am a 10 year old girl who is HAND 

SEWING a LIFE SIZED silver fox plush (with all details accounted 

for). 

Day one: Dreadful; papers covered the office floor and there 

were 1,000 pattern pieces I had to cut out. On the other hand

I got a GREAT DEAL at Hancock Fabrics, a cool cloth-loaded fabric 

store that has great service!!! I got half a yard of grizzled 

gray faux fur for $2:80 which is the main color of the silver

fox.

I plan to put joints in this spectacular animal to make it stiff

but moveable. I HAVE HAD AN EXPERIENCE WITH WIRE and it's

difficult to go back to the plushes original stance. Eventually 

the plush will become weak and topple over. That is why I wish to 

use small metal joints throughout the plush. I spent $15:74 total

for all the materials.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Materials for Silver Fox Plush Project

1 comment:

  1. Go Girl!
    I was so frustrated trying to make the pattern the right size...we'll get it figured out....stick with your vision and goal and don't give up...If you take you're time and do your best you'll be proud to show off a great accomplishment! Love, Mom!

    ReplyDelete