Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Texas Tree

         As a peach tree some may think that it's hard staying in one spot for my entire life, but it's not,
for me it is quite fine. The only thing that can remove me from my spot is He who created me and His forces or  humans which may cut me down for lumber. A typical day consists mainly of interacting with wildlife like the happy little squirrel family that scurries up my branches tickling me, oh what a joyful thing to laugh!
           It is always a joy when the sparrows sing upon my tree tops hearing them sing makes my day.  How soothing to have the cats and grey foxes scratch my trunk that has been holding an itch all day. Ah, how I love the smiling,clever, little fellows that come to make forts and hide outs from my canopy.
One of my favorite things is the soft, cool rain cleansing my leaves giving me nutrients that I have longed for and needed and of course, the blue sage color of the wet drops hitting the ground is pure delight.  My favorite time of  year is Fall, when I mend a dress of  red, auburn, brown and gold for my dear friends the soil and ground, for they are the ones that keep my roots safe and sound. Along with that I bear the most gorgeous succulent, sweet  fruit for all the happy families that come to pick and enjoy.
        As you can see it is very pleasant being a tree but sometimes pesky bugs like aphids and grasshoppers come and destroy my beautiful greenery and seeds but caterpillars are the WORST, they will chew you up like a goat on an open field. Even though this can be hard on me, that's just what you have to go through when you are a tree.

(A short story exercise using anthropomorphism)
Story by : Alex Brown

'The Texas Peach Tree'
Photo by: Chandra Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment