Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Viking Voyage: Day 5

  Oh, that man with his clever ways. I got so caught up in the argument that I forgot to finagle that book! I distracted myself from the book and thought "This little puppy needs a name!" I stared at the wistful little puppy. Finally, it hit me! "You're going to be the Icon and mascot of Grunka's Sea Saloon! Your cute little face will have the customers eating out of my hand! You are little and innocent but, your puppy eyes will take control of the people like a god."  Then my cogwheels were really turning! "Your name should be Odie after the god Odin! I will take over the schnitzel industries for sure, but not out here on the open seas!" I must go back to Eagle Point. I rowed and rowed until my little dingy made it to German shores where I stayed. Let me explain to you.
    It all started when I saw a near by ship having trouble. A wave had pushed their ship too far into the shore, the crew members worked hard to get it free. I realized that I didn't have enough money to buy a stand in the town, so I decided to get my ship stuck on shore and set up shop. I went over to the ship stuck on the shore and asked for a few men to help me. After my ship was properly placed I cut a doorway in the hull and started setting up barrels and benches. Satisfied, I looked down at Odie and said "Odie, you're going to make it work for me ok?"
     With my sign hanging proudly on the upper hull of my ship I went to bed satisfied

No comments:

Post a Comment