Friday, February 27, 2015

The Viking Voyage: Day 4

     I paddled like a berserker warrior, my arms felt like lead but looked pumped with the iron of Thors hammer! Leif would be proud if I could just catch up to him. Aye! His crew paddles hard while I have no crew at all except for me new dog that howls at the stern. Njorours' winds were on my side for I caught up to Leif's boat but how would I flag it down with my little dingy floating upon the side of a real warrior ship!
     "HALO? BOYS!? DO YOU STRONG, BURLY MEN WVANT SOME SCHNITZEL…….ON A SCHTIK?" I yelled as loud as a chief viking ordering his men to battle.
     "HALOOOOO?" What is it with these men can't they hear?
     I was in a pickle, how was I going to get their attention. Then the idea struck me like lightning. I shall schtuff the schnitzel in me old handy dandy marketing cannon along with coupons for "Grunka's Sea Saloon Half Off A Schnitz N' Fritz" so I packed and I jammed all the schnitzel I had made for the day into the cannon then I paused, "Oh dear what have I done! Whvat a waste!"  after more thought I finally concluded that this was for Leif! (and sales purposes) so I decided to let it blow anyways.                                  
      "LUNCH LAUNCH NUMBER VONE……… FIYA (fire!)"  Oh what a beautiful golden schnitzel ball, it was raining down crispy, porky heaven on their deck. I heard shouts of terror turned to joy and then silence as I knew my delectable message made its target. Finally Leif peered over the boat happy and full, still gnawing on a schnitzel schtick.
     "Grunka….you know the way to a mans heart." He jumped down onto my boat with a bang, me heart jumped as he stepped near me "Grunka, I have fallen in love with your schnitzel… and you!" Suddenly I snapped out of my daydream due to the grease dripping from Leifs mighty beard onto my forehead. Crumple frumps! What he really said was, "Grunka you're slowing my voyage down by the minute, what do you want?!" Before I missed him again I shrieked, "I NEED YOUR BOOK OF CREATURES!"  He peered at me in disbelief, "For that little thing?" He said pointing to my dog, " It's a Schnauzer puppy."
     " I STILL NEED YOUR BOOK TO READ ABOUT THIS 'SCHNAUZER' AS YOU CALL IT."
     "It came from Eagle Point, Germany what more do you need to know?" Leif replied.
      I stood in my boat in awe, "I WHVAS IN GERMANY?"
Leif stared at me in disbelief and snickered, " You didn't know where you were?… HA."
     "I DON'T HAVE A MAP!" I retorted.
      "If you don't have a map what are you doing on the seas? You're surely not a sailor!" He laughed again.
     "THAT'S RIGHT I'M NOT A SAILOR, I SELL THE BEST SCHNITZEL ON A SCHTICK ON THE SEAS!" I fumed.
     "And the ONLY Schnitzel seller on the seas." Leif said.
     Oh that man he's clever, but I'm better! "Well, You're eatin' it! I can tell you like it because you got bits of it in your beard for later, you can't get enough! If you want more you know where to find me, TOOTALOO BOYS!"

1 comment:

  1. Ha, things seemed schtacked (ha ha) against Grunka. I love how you mix her naivety with fierce determination. Makes me want to root for her and see her conquer the Schnitzel Industries, maybe Leif will notice her talents then. LOL! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete