Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Viking Voyage: Day 3

      I craned my neck to get one more look at the head spinner Leif, as I stepped out of the dainty little shop I stumbled over a round basket and almost spilled my schnitzel! As I was dusting off my skirts an adorable tiny dog sat front and center on the last step of the shop behind it. I looked up and saw a carved wood sign that read 'The Cat Caboodle' I picked up that little scrumptious ball of fur and my heart jumped once again, oh how I wanted to take that puppy on my little dingy. "Oh, but I have no room," I thought. As I was setting the puppy down to say good bye, the doggy licked my cheek, and that's when I knew I couldn't live without it.
     I strode into the store and asked "How much is this little pooch?" the store clerk looked puzzled "I have never seen such a dog before, we only sell cat's here. You can take it for free."  it must have been fate for me to trip into a cat store, find a dog, and become it's owner for free! I was curious as to what kind it was it had a little beard, and floppy ears, the cutest little sausage of a tail, and a fluffy belly. "I know who could help me!" Leif Ericson has a large book of all kinds of creatures, surely he would have a description of this dog. I scooped up the little creature and ran as fast as my legs could carry me so I could catch Leif before his ship set sail. Now my heart was pumping triple time as I saw Leif on the mast of his ship, I should have a doctor check me heart before my voyage continues. "LEIF!!!!!!" He turned and his good looks almost slayed me! Oh, me eyes! I lifted up the little dog as I was standing on the dock and said, " I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THIS CREATURE IS!"  He looked at me with a confused stare " It's a DOG!"  I couldn't hear him, his voice was too soft against the waves. "WHVVATT?" this conversation went back and forth five times before I vigorously pointed for him to come down, but his ship set sail. The distance between us was frustrating, I must know what type of dog this is!
     The viking spirit of determination welled up within my heart, before I knew it I was running towards my 'Battle Dingy' as soon as I reached it I leaped on board and went through my usual departure procedure in lightning speed and finally pushed off, "WHVVVAAAAT?" IM NOT MOVING! SCHNITZEN FRIKS, I KNEW THIS SHIP WOULD FAIL ME SOMEDAY!" I retraced my steps, mumbling under my breath (occasionally kicking the ship) as my new pet stared at me in wonderment, when I noticed the rope still attached to the dock! I pulled out my best schnitzel knife and cut it immediately. I let out a viking victory grunt only to see my ship was sailing away with out me! I dove in and swam after the ship, when I got back on board I looked as if I had been drowned in a sewer, my poor little pet was terrified. Bedraggled and wet I took my oars and rowed fearlessly, "I WILL FIND OUT, I'M COMING FOR YOU LEIF!"

1 comment:

  1. Alex, Great job at mixing humor and the complicated emotions that cause Grunka so much grief. Working on this fun writing project has shown me a deeper side to how your mind works. Brilliant! So entertaining! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete