Monday, February 23, 2015

Viking Voyage: Day 2

     It was a good day on the Sea Saloon. I caught wind of a gentlemen named Leif Ericson, he is on a journey to find land but his supplies are low so he is going to meet me at the Eagle Point Stop N, Shop. I am on my way to this well known destination. Finally, I arrived at the wonderful village of Eagle Point, the shops were filled with prizes and wonders, the tackle and the bait alone would make your head swim. I brought myself to find the Stop N, Shop, I couldn't keep myself away from the store fronts. Right then and there I saw the most brutal, handsome, raider of a viking. His large behemoth muscles and prize animal skins had raided the inner chambers of my heart and left the scars of a battle axe. Grunka like!
     I immediately strode over to ask about his rock chiseled biceps when he turned around with a big gleaming smile and said "Im Leif,"that's when my heart flopped like a fish, I almost Schnitzeled! Let me tell ya, I was floundering for my words, "SCHNITZEN," I blubbered out. In reply he said "It must be hard being named after battered meat, believe me, I was named after a plant." That's when I realized my error, I probably appeared to have the I.Q of a starfish! "Oh no, no, no, no, My name is Grunka!"  I was so embarrassed, I had just corrected the almighty Leif Ericson.
     Oh that man with his charms, we got to wheeling and a dealing over the supplies I was going to provide him, when we got to the seal meat part of the deal he almost bamboozled me on the cost! I was so preoccupied with his sea kissed sun burns, I almost gave him the seal meat for a sand dollar! Im telling ya, if I keep meeting brutally handsome heartslayers, like Leif, Grunka's Sea Saloon is sunk! 

1 comment:

  1. Ha, Grunka has a crush! You are too funny Alex! Your mom is belly laughing right now! Keep up the entertaining work. I like reading Grunka's diary, I hope she doesn't get her heart broken! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete